Piccors Development Studio is the innovative suggestion of our company for simpler and faster development of qualitative, high standard commercial applications. It addresses to software houses and organizations which develop applications for internal use.
Piccors Platform Framework is the heart of Piccors Development Studio. It is a uniform platform which has the ability to host multiple applications under a single working environment while sharing their entities (business entities sharing). At the same time, it provides the suitable substructure in order for these applications to be easily developed and maintain their business logic.
The substructure provided by Piccors Platform Framework can solve many common problems and grants much strong potential to the under construction applications:
- Service oriented multi-tier architecture.
- Remote access through internet
- End application user sharing to diverse servers (load balancing).
- Application development using either thin client or zero client or both, using a uniform level of business logic (business tier).
- Multilingual user interface.
- RDBMS independent.
- Use of multiple Databases at the same time (in case of split information).
- Multiple companies included at the same installation with independence for each one of them.
- High standard and full security access system embedded.
- Encouragement and support of the uniformity of the applications to be constructed not only internally between the different application screens, but also externally between the diverse platform applications. In this way, the users are easily accustomed to the use of any platform application.
Easier, faster and more reliable application development
With Piccors Development Studio the application development is easier and faster while the encouragement and support it offers to organized structure and consistency for the under construction applications is resulting to less and limited range bugs, which are easy to locate and fix, without affecting the other entities of the application. With Piccors Platform Framework the required functionality as it is referred to the application demands, is developed in levels, using object oriented programming. Each application subsystem is as independent as it can be and performs its assigned tasks while at the same time it seamlessly communicates with the rest application subsystems. This specific subsystem independence improves the design and facilitates code maintenance.
The framework undertakes the communication with the data base thus, the programmers do not have neither to spend time to edit and support SQL statements, nor to trace back to the application documentation in order to locate a field name in the database. Every field is an object property and is available to the programmer through intelligence. At the same time, the database is used only for data storage and the programmer is getting discouraged from implementing business logic to the database thus solving the software maintenance problem of both the code and the database.
Platform level software development entity and subsystem application independence make the communication between them easy and controlled. In this way, every application can use the already existing business entities. This means that the maximum degree of code reuse can be achieved. At the same time, Piccors Platform entities, is a total of ready, completed, directly usable business entities which are common in most commercial applications. (e.g. countries, currencies, projects, users, traders, user rights, e.t.c.) as well as programming entities that simplify common functions (such as e-mail and fax).
Piccors Platform Browser (Studio thin-client) provides extra abilities to programmers:
- It is a unified working environment for every application.
- It includes dynamic menus, which can be formed as a selection combination of the individual applications, depending on user’s rights. This means that each user can only see the platform application subtotal that he uses.
- User defined shortcuts. The user, by using a simple drag & drop, can create his own menu with his most frequently used functions in order to be able to have a direct access to them.
- Dynamic template based forms defined by the user in a way to easily reassure the application uniformity and specifications.
- Powerful selection screens (list of values), which can present as many fields as needed and filter the displayed records using multiple criteria. These screens implement internal record paging so that they will minimize server data transfer.
- Ready programming entities concerning file transferring from and to server (documents, pictures, worksheets etc).
- Uniform error presentation.
- New powerful user interface controls that make developing process even simpler.
- The Platform provides the possibility to run certain scripts, which can be sent from the server in order for more specialized functions to be executed.
A big emphasis has been given to the safety of the applications to be constructed. Apart from the optional access control capability through Windows Active Directory, the security service implements the whole platform security according to banking application standards. Each server call must receive authorization from the specific service, which above all controls whether it comes from a valid session (and/or a valid Mac address), thereafter it controls the call according to the user rights and finally it records (optionally or selectively) the specific call in Audit Trail.